September 20, 2012
Curly haired girl? You know how hard it can be to get that super sleek, smooth finished looked. There are a few easy tips and tricks that you can use to get the perfect sleek and straight hair from your curly and unruly hair.
- The first thing you want to do is untangle your hair.
- Once this is done, part your hair, and pin the rest of your hair up. I recommend starting from the first layer closest to your neck and going up from there.
- Using your straightening iron can be difficult if you don’t know how to hold it.
- Curling your iron inwards will curl the ends of your hair to frame your face.
- Using it in an outer direction will flip the ends of your hair away from your face.
- If you want a perfectly straight look, use the iron from your root until your ends without going in any direction but straight.
- It’s super important to part your hair when you’re trying to get it to be perfectly straight.
- You want to make sure that each layer of hair is straight so that the outcome of all your hair together will look properly put together.
- Using the technique mentioned above, begin to straighten each layer of hair, each time letting a little bit more hair down.
- Once your done each part, go over your hair one more time all together to ensure that there are no strands left curly.
- You may want to add a shining product or even hairspray depending on what kind of look you’re looking for. Personally, I use a touch of “Biosilk” before straightening my hair. I like that it adds a little shine to my hair! Be careful when you get close to your roots, you don’t want to burn your scalp. Enjoy!
- Valerie Choucroun