August 14, 2012
Skrillex is a DJ who is known for his quirky hairstyle where a portion of your hair is shaved off. This hairstyle has become quite popular with women with singers such as Rihanna, Avril Lavigne and Ke$ha also following in his footsteps and shaving one side of their hair. As much as the style is cool and different there are many people out there (myself included!) that would love to wear this style but definitely don’t want to shave their heads! Follow the tips below to can achieve a faux Skrillex hairstyle with a pop of berry on your lips.
- I started by parted my hair with a deep side part. Then begin waving the whole of your head, I used my GHD straighteners. You can use whatever tool you are most comfortable with, as long as you can get loose messy waves that are away from your face.
- Once you are done take the side of your hair which opposite to your side part and tuck it behind your ear.
- Secure what you have tucked behind your ear with bobby pins, making sure that side of your hair is completely flat against your head, giving the illusion that it is shaved. To ensure that there are no fly-aways and that it is completely flat use hairspray or mousse to help keep your hair down.
- Once your hair is done find a berry colored lipstick that suits your skin tone. I have used a warm purple red that is quite dark as I feel it is bold enough for this hairstyle; however, you can go for a more subtle if you don’t feel comfortable with the darkness. Make sure your lips are smooth and mo color isturized before you apply the lipstick.
- Once applied you are done and your look is completed!