June 12, 2012
Mastering the sock bun doesn’t take a rocket scientist. All it really takes to get the perfect sock bun (or the ballerina bun or donut bun, whichever you prefer) is practice and a sock (preferable one close to your hair colour), duh. To make a sock bun, cut the tip of the sock where your toes would usually lie under, perhaps 1/4 of an inch from the end. Next just continuously roll the sock into itself until you reach said donut shape.
Now that you have your bun template in hand, the application beings:
- Whether you have long hand or want a neat bun, pull your hair into a pony tail. This could be either very high, very low or somewhere in between.
- Insert your pony into the donut hole. It should cover your pony elastic.
- Next, try your best to cover the sock with your hair.
- Hold it tight, as this is the crucial step to make it look perfect.
- Wrap your hair around the donut and pin down your hair.
- Viola! The donut bun is complete. Now you can adorn the bun, if you want of course. Bows, flowers, pins – they all work.
- Genesis Nadal