August 10, 2012
The sidebun is a classic and elegant hairstyle that has been around for a long time. It is an easy and simple way to make a look more interesting and feminine and is perfect for hot summer days when you want your hair out of your way.
There are many different ways you can rock a sidebun and I have decided to show four different ways you can do so. My first look is the classic slick sidebun which is perfect for the evening with a pop of red lipstick:
- I started off with straight hair. Note, your hair does not need to be pin-straight. However, it should be quite smooth and with no frizz. (this look is meant to be slick!)
- Part your hair in a deep side part and comb through. Create a low side ponytail and secure with band.
- Begin to twist the pony.
- Start to wrap the twist around your band.
- Once your hair is wrapped all the way around secure it with a hairband. If you have any strands falling out or want the bun to be flatter against your head, use bobby pins to secure it down.
- Finally spritz your hair lightly with hairspray to keep the hair smooth.