November 18, 2012
For this tutorial, you will need:
- A brush
- An elastic tie
- Bobby pins
The top knot is a simple hair style that is a perfect combination of edgy and feminine, if executed correctly. This bun is high, voluminous and ultra sleek! Follow the steps below to master this quick and trendy ‘do’!
- Start with loose, wavy hair.
- Put your hair in a high ponytail. Make sure the pony tail is on top of your head (about four fingers away from your hairline).
- Tease your entire ponytail (the more teased it is the better!).
- Begin to wrap your hair around the elastic (loosely to keep the volume). Be sure to do this in a sideways motion to give the ‘knot’ effect.
- Secure ends with bobby pins.
Voila! You now have the ultra chic hairstyle that is simple to do, achievable for any hair type and is perfect for unruly hair days!
- Elizabeth Barkley