June 8, 2012
For this tutorial, you will need:
- An Eyeliner brush - I used one by Aymie B.
- An Everyday Shadow Brush - I used one by Sephora
- A Blending Brush - I used one by Sephora
- Gold Shadow - I used Urban Decay Half Baked
- Grey Shadow - I used ULTA Eyeshadow in Granite
- Mascara - I used Maybelline Great Last Mascara
Smoky metallic eyes are always a perfect way to dress up an outfit for a big night out and the combination of the gray/copper and gold shadow on Anna Kendrick’s lids compliments all eye colors and skin tones. To master this look, all you need is a powder eye shadow in gold and gray, an eyeliner brush, an everyday eye shadow brush, and a blending brush.
- Take your eyeliner brush and wet it the slightest bit and then run it through the gold shadow. This will create a brighter and more durable pigment on your eyes and make it especially easy to apply the shadow as a liner. From the inside corners of your upper and lower lash line, drag the gold shadow all the way across your eye.
- Rinse the gold off of the eyeliner brush. Re-wet it and dip it into your grey shadow. Now, starting about halfway across your lash line, draw on the gray shadow on both the top and bottom lash lines.
- Using your every day shadow brush, sweep the gold onto your eyelids, carefully avoiding overlapping it with the gray liner.
- Next, using the blending brush, sweep the gray shadow onto your creases in this motion: from the outer corner to the middle of your eye and back again. Keep the grey subtle so it simply adds dimension and the focus stays on the eyeliner.
- Apply mascara and admire your sultry new look!
- Taylor Pany