June 29, 2012
Nicki Minaj always looks fabulous when she is on the red carpet. Her makeup is never not perfect. Whether she’s rocking a bright eyeshadow or a poppy lip color, she‘s on point! Her look is a variety of fun, artistry, and stylishness. To rock her look you must be one word, fierce. Today, I will be showing you how to get one of her most fierce looks- bright teal eyes and a soft pink lip. After this tutorial you’ll be ready to show off your inner Nicki!
- Apply primer all over your lids.
- Apply the teal eyeshadow to your lid and little bit above your crease.
- Extend the eyeshadow outward for a cat eye effect.
- Take the brown toned eyeshadow and apply it into your crease. Choose a brown that compliments your skin tone.
- Apply a highlighter to your brow bone. I like to take my finger and blend it to give it a more natural effect.
- Now blend the eyeshadow in places needed, to give the look a more clean and precise effect.
- Now take the gel liner and apply it to your top lash line and then extend the eyeliner outwards underneath the teal extending out.
- Apply liner in your waterline.
- Now it’s time to apply your lashes! Nicki Minaj wears big and flirty lashes on the outer corners of her eyes. Here we will be taking a pair of false lashes similar to Nicki Minaj’s and cutting them in the middle to have the right length to apply for the look. Next, apply the glue and wait a couple of seconds before applying it to your upper lash line.
- This is an optional step, but if you really want to brighten up your eyes, you can apply the highlighter you used to the inner corners of your eyes.
- Apply a light pink lip liner to your lips. Start drawing the line around your mouth at the bow and continue clockwise.
- Now fill in your lips with the pencil. It’ll give the lipstick you will be using a nice base.
- Apply your lipstick to your top and bottom lip.
Voila! Now you can rock a Nicki Minaj look! To complete this look, I recommend a pink-toned blush that compliments your skin tone. A good blush that is universal for everyone is M.A.C. Dollymix blush. Nicki also sometimes likes to highlight her cheekbones. Use a good luminous pink or white highlighter to highlight your cheekbones. I definitely recommend Urban Decay’s highlighter in Moonshine. It is very fierce and fun to wear. You can rock it for Halloween, a la Nicki, or wear it for a fun night out. Either way, you will look like a Barbie Vixen!
- Erica Broadwater