May 16, 2012
Ever wonder how Adele or Katy Perry got their luscious lashes to die for? The answer is false lashes! Many stars such as these lovely ladies amp up their eyes with a pair of falsies! Not everyone was lucky enough to be born with thick, long lashes; therefore, false lashes give a girl the wow factor her eyes deserve. False lashes make your eyes look more inviting, bigger, fuller and playful. Many women think it’s hard to apply false lashes, but with my how to steps, you’ll be looking like a movie star in minutes!
- First select a pair of false lashes that reflect your style. False lashes come in many shapes, sizes, prices and even colors!
- Trim your lashes to your desired length. Some false lashes may be too long for your liking or just too dramatic for your eye shape. Tip: Hold the lashes to your eye to see where it needs to be trimmed.
- Take the glue and put it on the end of tweezers and then apply it to the band of the false lashes. I rather apply the glue onto the tweezers, because it’s easier to get it on the band of the lashes.
- Hold the lashes for 30 seconds to let the glue set onto the band of the lashes.
- While looking directly in the mirror, pick up lashes with your tweezers and try to match it as close to your lash line as possible and then press down from end to end. Tip: It’s easier to press from the outer corner to the inner corner of your eye.
- Hold lashes down from end to end with your finger tips for 30 seconds to a minute. This allows the glue to stick. Pro tip from New York based Makeup Artist Belinda Zollo: “Try blowing on the glue or gently wave the lash around in the air to speed this up. This is the best way to keep the strip from slipping around while you’re trying to line it up properly.”
- Optional, but I definitely recommend applying mascara to your falsies! This will bond the fake lashes with your natural lashes and will give your eyes a mystifying effect!
- Take a gel or liquid liner and draw a thin line on your lid to cover up any gaps between your natural lashes and false lashes.
With these easy steps you’ll look like a star in minutes. All it takes practice and some patience at first, but in the end it’s worth it, because you’ll end up looking fabulous!
- Erica Broadwater