July 10, 2012
To make that pout extra pouty, follow these steps:
- Line your lips with a lip liner that is similar to your natural lip color. I used a mauve color and lined around my lips adding extra contour around the cupids bow (top lip), and right below my bottom lip for some extra shadow. This will make the outline of your lips appear fuller and as if you have bigger lips.
- Apply a similarly toned lipstick to match the lip liner and your lip shade.
- The most essential step is to add a shiny lip gloss with your finger directly to the center of your bottom lip. This “wet” effect makes your lips appear fuller and more full, giving you that kissable pout.
Contouring your eyes is the most simple way to create depth to your eyes, without wearing much makeup at all.
- This minimal makeup look will be the most subtle way to create depth to your eyes without doing a full eyeshadow routine.
- Start with a primed eye that is prepped for eyeshadow.
- Choose a color that is flattering for your eye color, and natural. If you have brown eyes, a neutral brown will work (MAC Wedge is a good option), and if you have blue eyes a lighter brown (Urban Decay Naked) would be good.
- With a fluffy blending brush, work the product from the outer edge of the eye into the middle of the eye in a windshield wiper motion. Continue to blend the color back and forth until you see the eyeshadow evenly distributed across the lid.
- Add mascara to the look to create a well rounded eye look, with minimal work.
- Kiara Aguillon