Posted on April 3, 2013
The perfect nude lipgloss or lipstick… It takes a while before you find one, IF you find one! If you’re one of those girls who just can’t seem to find the right nude lip colour that matches her skin tone, here are three tips to create your own! The best part of this tutorial: it’s one for every skin tone! All you need is a concealer and a lip product! Which lip product? Keep on reading to see which one matches your preference! (more…)
Posted on February 19, 2013
- Start with bare lips. Don’t use concealer or foundation on the lips! The creaminess will encourage your lipstick to bleed!
- For a vampy lip, lips should be ultra smooth. Take a pinch of sugar and mix with a few drops of water to create a paste.
- Smooth mixture over lips and gently scrub. Tissue off when done.
- Take a deep liner, pick one that’s as dark as your lipstick or slightly darker. Outline and feather in to create a secure base for your lipstick.
- Apply that vampy lipstick!
- Voilá! Instant drama! To pull off a lip like this, the key is to keep the rest of the face super simple. Your lips will be doing all the talking with this look!
Posted on January 21, 2013
- Using whatever lip liner you have and like, outline your lips.
- Color in your whole lip with the liner.
- Apply clear gloss to the top for a smooth a shiny finish! Not the gloss type? Use a lip balm instead for more of a matte look!
Lipliners are more waxy and saturated with pigment than a typical lipstick. They’re designed to keep our lipstick in place longer, so they make a fantastic long lasting lipstick substitute!
Posted on November 5, 2012
After 4 years of boring plain Jane, our favorite candidate is finally here! The perfect red lip, that is!
- You want your lips smooth, so apply Vaseline on your lips and let it sit for 30 seconds. Then take a tooth brush that you don’t use and gently brush your lips. You will take off all the dead skin and your lips will be so smooth. Added bonus? The vaseline doubles as an instant lip plumber. (more…)
Posted on June 13, 2012
Orange is everywhere this season, however, not every shade of orange is for everyone. Once you have found your perfect shade of orange, there are only so many ways you can learn to master it. The first thing you want to do is make sure that the rest of your makeup is kept as simple as possible. For an orange gloss, I recommend using a light and matte bronzer so that your skin doesn’t reflect the same orange hue as your lips. Keep your eyes simple: opt for the cat-eye look by extending the lining on your upper lash line out a little bit. Add a touch of mascara to complete the look. Of course, keeping it simple is not for everyone, you can always play around by only wearing mascara and adding a peach colored blush to your cheekbones.
Posted on May 24, 2012
A red lip is the most classic look in the world of beauty. When done right, it is super sophisticated, elegant and sexy. Here’s how to achieve the look effortlessly:
- Find a red that works with (compliments) your skin tone. There are tons of posts on this website that can help you find the best red for your skin but, ideally, warmer skin tones should aim for reds with warmer bases, while the cooler skin tones should lean more towards the reds with “blue” tones.
- Conceal your lips so the red shows up true to color. Do this by applying a creamy concealer overtop your lips and then lightly brush your face powder over your lips so the concealer sets.
Posted on May 15, 2012
- Lipstick has been around forever. It is said to date back all the way to the Egyptians, it’s truly a traditional beauty staple that can be found in almost every girl’s makeup bag. Made from oils and waxes this choice is great for a no-fuss beauty fix. Not only will lipstick provide you with the color you want, but you can opt for a variety of finishes such as frosted, matte, and even shimmer. There are also plenty lipsticks on the market that even include SPF and moisturizers. Try one of the many shades from MAC ($14.50). Think of it as an added bonus that every time you apply you’re lips will soft, protected, and colored to perfection.
- Lip Stains are designed to saturate and stain the lips for a long lasting color. Ideal for the girl on the go who won’t have many ‘touch-up’ breaks throughout the day. (more…)