Posted on September 14, 2012
It’s been a hot summer so far, and what better way to spread the heat than to fire up your nails?
- You’ll need a clear base coat, yellow, orange and red nail polishes, as well as a clear top coat.
- The first thing you want to do is apply the clear base coat to protect your natural nails.
- Once this is done, paint your nails yellow.
- Now comes the tricky part, you want to make upside down triangles at the tips of your nails with the red nail polish. The trick is to try and make each nail have the same size triangle – or close to the same size, but this can be adjusted with the next step.
- You now want to use your orange nail polish and border the triangle with it. You can use a thin border or a thick border depending on how you like your nails. What’s good about using this orange border is that it can also hide any of the places where you may have messed up the triangle. After this, apply a clear top coat to your new manicure and keep things hot!
- Valerie Choucroun