July 12, 2012
Prep your nails (get it? Because its plaid) for this fun manicure. The technique here is very simple, but fun and innovative. It deals with nail tape! It involves regular tape and the contrast colour for your plaid. This technique can be used for more than just plaid. If you have a hole puncher in fun shapes, the world is your oyster.
- Get your tools ready. You’ll need scotch tape, scissors, black nail polish, and a base coat polish.
- Paint as closely to the edge of the piece of tape as you can with the nail polish.
- Allow it to fully dry and then with your scissors carefully cut out thin strips.
- With your base coat in place – mine being red – being to lay out the strips on your nail with the help of a pair of tweezers.
- Press down on the tape to ensure it is adhered to your nail.
- With your scissors, remove all of the hanging pieces around the nail.
- Top with your top coat, and viola! And easy way to make your nails pop.
- Genesis Nadal